Update on Law Society Changes : CPD Training Seminar (Hampshire Cricket Ground)
Denis Cameron is a Law Society Council Member for the constituency of Central Lancashire and Northern Greater Manchester. He was Chair of the Law Society’s Conveyancing and Land Law Committee from 2002-2005, and elected member of the Regulatory Affairs Board, following which he was elected to membership of the Management Board of the Law Society.
Denis has presented many seminars across England and Wales on residential conveyancing topics to both solicitors and mixed audiences including estate agents. He has written articles for the Law Society Gazette, Property in Practice and other periodicals. He provides expert evidence in cases where solicitors are charged with money laundering offences or property or mortgage fraud. He also offers expert opinion in residential property disputes or negligence claims against solicitors in property matters.
The course will cover:
- Changes to the Codes of Conduct
- New Accounting Rules
- Giving and Taking of Undertakings
- Certificate of Title – its importance
- Land Registry and Property Fraud
- Money Laundering and Suspicious Transactions
- Scam Prevention
- Review of some recent court cases
- Date: 22/11/2017
- Location: The Hilton at the Ageas Bowl Botley Road West End Southampton Hampshire, SO30 3XH