Practical Residential Leasehold Issues – Training Seminar in Warrington
Presented by Andrew Crawford, this FREE 3 hour seminar will provide delegates with practical hints and advice on checking leases, and some of the trickier aspects will be analysed including:
This FREE 3 hour training seminar provides delegates with practical hints and advice on checking leases, and some of the trickier aspects will be analysed including:
- Revision of leasehold concept and why it is relevant
- Management Companies
- Shared Ownership synopsis
- Some issues to look out for
- Escalating ground rent an service charge provisions
- Some traps
- Deficient Repairing Covenants
- Description of premises
- Alienation restrictions
- Alterations (including retrospective consents)
- CML requirements for leasehold
- Practical lease checking tips
- Lease extensions
- Buying the freehold
- Exercising the Right to Manage
- How to deal with missing landlords
Delegates will be asked to bring a copy of an actual lease from the office in order to partially check this in the course of the session.
This course will appeal to all standards of conveyancer as it will improve the understanding of the more important issues and equip the delegate with greater confidence to tackle future leasehold purchases and avoid some traps for the unwary.
Andrew Crawford, AAC Law Ltd – Andrew was formerly in private practice for most of his career before taking up the training role. He has presented for CLT and has made numerous in-house presentations. Andrew has co-written for The Law Society the online CQS Training Modules.
- Date: 16/11/2017
- Location: The Park Royal Hotel Stretton Road Stretton Warrington WA4 6NS